2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Bags or permanent drop?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Sherbert
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bags or permanent drop?

I'm rebuilding a Dakota QC 2000 SLT with the 4.7, and I'm wondering what I should do with the suspension. I would like to bag it so I can change how it rides when I want to, but I don't know how bags perform on these trucks. I don't want to loose a lot of performance either however and I would like to do a permanent drop to improve the overall performance. Not sure which would be a better choice. I guess I would take the bags if the peformance wil increase but not as much as if I did a permanent drop. I'm probably going to ask some more about this truck because this is going to be a total custom truck. I bought it wrecked over a year ago and I'm just now starting to really work on it so instead of buying all stock parts I might as well trick it out while I'm putting it back together. I might post another thread about the truck itself, so keep an eye out ;-)

Old 09-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Bags or permanent drop?

Keep us updated on the project!

Old 09-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bags or permanent drop?

i say rasise it! it depends on what you are using it for. it if is going to be a show truck, go bags all the way! bags are great headturners but lack the every day drivability. you will be having alignment problems frequently and be ready to go through tires like tissues. but bags are essential if you are looking to really doa show quality truck. if it is going to be a daily driver, go for the overall permanent suspension drop. this allows you to get your alignment correct and will be a much more dependable suspension setup. let us know what you choose!

Quick Reply: Bags or permanent drop?