2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Radio + Turn Signal Cut Out...HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 04:39 PM
briankb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio + Turn Signal Cut Out...HELP

Hello, I have a 2001 Dakota extended cab 4x4 6 cylinder. Occasionally, my radio and turn signals do not work. This has happened only a few times and it seems to be only when it is cold. The fuses seem to be OK...Are these two systems connected in some way? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you inadvance for your time with this request.

Regards
Brian

Old 10-12-2006, 08:23 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Radio + Turn Signal Cut Out...HELP

does the actuall blinker outside the car not work, or just the singal on the dash? If its the dash single then yes they do tie into each other.

Also do you have a Aftermarket Deck or the Stock Deck?

If its aftermarket i would look at the wire harness for 2x orange wires. If those wires are hooked up to ANYTHING cut them off and crimp them off so they cant touch anything. Those wires are for dome lights and dash dimmers, when hooked up they seem to make everything else stop working or cut out. I work at Best Buy and we always have people come in asking what is wrong. Useally thats the problem and we fix it for them... useally its people that install them and say that out deck broke there car and we are reliable for it... and yet there the colorblind cant read idiots.

We actually had somone hook the postive and the negative dimmer wires to each other on the SAME harness.... that came out bad.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:38 PM
lil
Captain

Best Buy.......don't you guys have the "GEEK SQUAD"? hehe

Old 10-12-2006, 10:09 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yes we do... and i was actually suppost to work in that section when i first started, But they put me in wireless and now i work in car-fi soon to be a installer.

We have 2 GEEK SQUAD bugs in front of our store.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

can you hook up the dimmer for the stereo and have it work? i have a great deck but it get really f'in bright at night.

Quick Reply: Radio + Turn Signal Cut Out...HELP