2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Body lift?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Alaska700
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body lift?

I wanted to ask anyonw who has a body lift.
Which one did you use?
How do you like it?
How hard was it to put in?
thanks

Old 10-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Default RE: Body lift?

what are you going to be using the truck for? for real offroading, body lifts are not a very good idea. they weaken the link of your body to your frame and also raise your center of gravity without giving you any additional ground clearance. if you just want to have a lifted truck to drive on the roads then i say have fun. unless you have a great array of air tools, compressor and several LARGE jacks, i would say leave it to the professionals.

Old 10-13-2006, 06:08 PM
jordanu23
Professional
Default RE: Body lift?

i have a 3" preformance accessories body lift. was it hard no. time consuming? yes very. expecially if u've never done it before. be ready to run into things that'll catch ya off guard and just eat up time. it was the first time i've ever done one and everyone said it would take about 6hrs or so to do with a buddy. well my buddy backed out and took me bout 15hrs all together. but needless to say it wasnt hard just ur basic tools for the most part and some jacks and jack stands and u should be ready to go. i like mine alot granted i dont do alot of offroading. im mainly just a street driver with the lifted look. but im pleased with it.

Quick Reply: Body lift?