2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.
View Poll Results: A poll
BFG All Terrain KO
37.50%
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo
12.50%
Other (please specify)
50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Help me pick some tires

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 08:34 PM
akirasoft
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me pick some tires

So the truck I bought last week is in dreadful need of tires. I've had BFG All Terrains on my Jeep Wrangler and S10 Blazer back in the day, was considering going the same route here but they are rated the #6 on/off road truck tire on tire rack. I'm really not interested in the Pirelli's as they look too onroad oriented (I know, I know, go before show blah blah blah). The Dueler A/T Revo looks ok as well but is rated like #3. Wrangler SilentArmor is rated #2, but I don't like goodyears.

Also, the BFG's are about 24/tire more expensive then the Bridgestones, but I still think I like them better. Man, 161/tire from Tirerack, thats more then I spend for tires on my "race" car.

FYI, truck runs the upsize 265/70R16's

Old 10-18-2006, 09:17 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Default RE: Help me pick some tires

you get what you pay for. i run the bfg t/a ko's on my truck and they have proven to be worth every penny. great when it comes to offroading, and i really mean great! not too loud on the street, great tread life, aggressive look, and the all weather traction that is soo hard to find with aggressive offroad tires. go bfg.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:12 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I almost got the BFGs for mine but ALL of the off-roaders at the local Discount Tire run Yokohama Geolandar AT+II and they recommended it over the BFGs. So I gave them a shot and while I haven't done a lot of off-road, they're holding up well to the 30k miles I've put on them. What little I've done on the slippery stuff has impressed me as well.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:52 AM
peckens
Professional

try Firestone Destination A/T's they are cheaper and i have herd MUCH better reviews and better traction than the 2 u listed. Go to tirerack.com find your tire and go to reviews. I have em' on my 94 dak and they are awesome, really agressive tread and have alot of bite. I might be going muddin' hopefully to really try them out.

Old 10-19-2006, 03:41 AM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

I found an excellent deal on ebay! One ebay store is having a buy 3 get 1 free sale for $419.97

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-PRO...spagenameZWDVW

*edit* o wait you dont have 31/10.5 ill update again if i find something..(darn i thought i had something, lol)

Old 10-19-2006, 01:16 PM
akirasoft

Thanks for all the suggestions I took the easy way out and went with what I knew and bought 4 bfg all terrain k/o's from TireRack. Based on previous experience with those tires I'm fairly certain I will have them till I sell the truck in about 2 years. Since it isn't technicaly a daily driver (I take the train to work, wife drops me off at the train station) I'll prolly only be putting about 5-6k miles/yr on the truck. We'll see how it goes

Quick Reply: Help me pick some tires