2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Starting my Dakota

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 08:09 PM
KY Dodge KY
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting my Dakota

I've noticed that the longer my Dakota sits without starting it, the longer it takes to start up. Like if it sat one day without starting it then it would take maybe 2 to 3 cranks to start it up. But if it sits like a week then thats a whole different story.

So what do you think the problem is?

Old 10-22-2006, 09:00 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Starting my Dakota

it may lose some pressure in the fuel rails. then the fuel pump might take a little longer to get the fuel up to the injectors. try just turning the key to the on position for a second or two before trying to start .

Old 10-22-2006, 09:34 PM
KY Dodge KY

ORIGINAL: superdak05

it may lose some pressure in the fuel rails. then the fuel pump might take a little longer to get the fuel up to the injectors. try just turning the key to the on position for a second or two before trying to start .
Yeah thats what I do and it starts fine, but what I'm saying is, is this hurting anything?

Old 10-22-2006, 11:58 PM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not really... you will either kill the battery or the starter... in the morning... my truck takes about 4 cranks to get goin.. my battery is definately losing its amperage.. 6 years old.. time to change it... check your view indicator on your battery... if its green your fine.. if its half black half green... maybe time to get a new battery..

Old 10-23-2006, 12:10 AM
KY Dodge KY

Yeah the mourning is when it mostly does it. But I'll have to check my battery like you said. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Starting my Dakota