2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

lifted offroad dakotas

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 02:13 AM
f0x672
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: lifted offroad dakotas

what kind of lift kit/brand do you have on that beast Daksport1pa?

Old 10-26-2006, 03:21 AM
gutted
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Daksport1pa

Thanks for the kind words man. But none of you have any reason to be ashamed. You all have great looking Daks. They're a beautiful looking truck bone stock or heavily modded. Ya'll be proud of your Daks.
I do love my truck, but something about yours is just pisser. I keep saying if I get another Dak it'd be a lifted quad cab so I can go boarding anywhere and take my canoe anywhere and still take friends.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

ORIGINAL: f0x672

what kind of lift kit/brand do you have on that beast Daksport1pa?
Its just 2in reindexed t-bar keys in the front and 2 inch blocks in the rear. I figured it was a more economical route to take instead of spending 2 grand more then when I spent and only getting one more inch than I have now. 2 grand is a lot of money for 1 more inch.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

ORIGINAL: gutted

ORIGINAL: Daksport1pa

Thanks for the kind words man. But none of you have any reason to be ashamed. You all have great looking Daks. They're a beautiful looking truck bone stock or heavily modded. Ya'll be proud of your Daks.
I do love my truck, but something about yours is just pisser. I keep saying if I get another Dak it'd be a lifted quad cab so I can go boarding anywhere and take my canoe anywhere and still take friends.
Thanks man. I really do love my truck. Still have some stuff I want to do before I can say I'm done with it.

Old 10-26-2006, 07:24 PM
fenderbender

how much did you spend on your lift. and what does it mean to reindex your t-bars?

Old 10-27-2006, 12:15 AM
Daksport1pa
Banned

I spent about 400 bucks total. Reindexed keys mean that they are new keys that are made to raise the front end 2 inches just like cranking the t-bars would but you don't have to crank them which leaves the stock ride and doesn't make the front suspension really stiff. Just google 2in leveling keys and try and find some for a Dakota. The only thing I have to do yet is get new shocks cuz the ones I have are the originals plus now with the lift they are maxxed out. I need to get some Ranchos two inches longer than stock and I'm set.

Old 10-27-2006, 01:42 AM
fenderbender

can you still crank your t-bars to get another inch and a half or so? and how much stiffer would the suspension be with them cranked?

Old 10-27-2006, 01:57 AM
Daksport1pa
Banned

You can just crank them and get about inch and half. Its not that much stiffer. I just wanted to keep the strain off them so I went with the keys. YOu can't do the keys and crank them. The angles on the other parts is too much and stuff will break really quick.

Old 10-27-2006, 03:09 AM
fenderbender

Right now with my stock dakota i am running 32's. if i put the keys on the front and did nothing to the back then could i run 33's?

Old 10-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned

ORIGINAL: fenderbender

Right now with my stock dakota i am running 32's. if i put the keys on the front and did nothing to the back then could i run 33's?
I don't think so. I don't know of anyone that has 32s on it without it rubbing. Did you buy it used? If so they may already be cranked. You can get 33s in the rear on a stock suspension but 33s will rub in the front bad. Even with them cranked. You would have to do some major trimming or get a different bumper.

Quick Reply: lifted offroad dakotas