2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

no hot air??

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 02:07 PM
azffighter
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no hot air??

Hi, my girlfriend told me she wasn't getting any hot air from her AC and that the engine temp wasn't warming up like it had been. I replaced the thermostat and the engine is at least warming up but I still can't get warm air. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ken

Old 10-31-2006, 02:21 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts
Default RE: no hot air??

you might have some air trapped in the cooling system, try bleeding it again with the rad filler neck up high, the heater control on full hot and squeezing the lower rad hose gently. let it warm up to operating temp and re-fill with distilled water.

another posibility is the heater core is plugged. and i've also heard of a flap in the dash that controls the amount of air breaking. you'll have to research that one more as I may have the details off a bit.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:21 PM
azffighter
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried that and it still didn't work. I talked to somebody else who said I might need to replace the heater control valve but my chiltons isn't very specific. How do I check the heater control valve?

Old 11-01-2006, 01:08 PM
yellowjacket99
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say you might want to buy a flush kit from the auto store and flush your system. I've had the same symptoms as you before and doing that helped. It would probably be your next least expensive route.