2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

broken bleeder nut

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 11:08 PM
dmrennells
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken bleeder nut

First I have a 97 Dakota with 3.9 and 4X4. Recently the main metal break line going to the rear tires blew. After I replaced about 11' of break line I tried to bleed the break system. I first tried rear passenger side; I noticed a little rust so I soaked it in Liquid Wrench for about 20 min. When I tried to loosen the bleeder nut, it broke off. After cussing for about 20 min I soaked the other side in liquid wrench for about 24 hours, soaking it now and then. The next day I tried to loosen that nut and it too broke off. There isn’t enough room to drill the remainder out. What do I have to remove to get the remainder of the nuts out? The seal part of the nut is still intact, is there another way of bleeding the lines? BTW the nut I tried to remove is just above the break line leading into the drum break.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:25 AM
DakotaMan
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: broken bleeder nut

Thats wierd the same thing happened to my 97 3.9 dakota a couple weeks ago but one of my bleeders were already broken i just let my local shop mess with it

Quick Reply: broken bleeder nut