2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

i need help, more power

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 04:23 AM
rhowe
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: i need help, more power

enjoy the power you have. learn how to drive it first.then if u don't reck it, super charge it...or what ever when you have flow to afford that extra power. for now enjoy...

Old 12-22-2006, 04:53 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Virus is correct. Most of the mods that are on my truck came with it, im not top happy about it, because i wanted to do it myself, but it was a good deal and couldn’t pass it up, there was only 2 in a 100mile radius and one was CC and the other was SC... i went with the moded SC.

Anyways.

When i got the truck it had this done to it...

Small Cam Lift
Rockers Heads
Headers
M-1
Larger Fuel Injectors
Flow Pro Exhaust with Dump
Ram Air hood with stock intake tubes to TB, replaced the filter with a K&N
180 Thermo

Bought a Programmer for it "Hypertech"

I want to take the heads off and see if there was any piston work or such... but ill do that when i replace it.

I had it dynod with and without the programmer, without a tune.

I got 267rwhp so about 300-320 at crank.

Stock runs about 180rwhp/ 250crank

So it added, bout 87rwhp

I’ve talked to the people that will be tuning my truck, and they gave me some suggestions to hit 300+Hp

I have a stock TB at the moment, in the process of saving enough money to get a 53mm; there is one on ebay custom made for about 220shipped.

I want to install...
53mm TB
New Intake tubing from TB to Air Box
High Performance Wires/Plugs ECT
And i want to get my computer flashed
And everything tuned so everything works together.

Im running very rich at the moment, and i hope adding the TB and new tubing will allow more air for a leaner burn.

After having all that done im thinking i should be over 300 to the ground. my guess would be 310-320, im going to get another dyno afterwards to see what all it helps, ill post once its all done.

EDIT:

I plan on keeping this truck till i die. So my long term plans would be to replace the 360 with a 408 or just convert the 360 i have now to a 408, and have it ready to handle a 14psi S/Cer or even more.

how does 600-800hp sound, sounds good to me. Ahhh i love to dream.

Old 12-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Minion
Professional

user what do you figure all of that cost $

Old 12-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Minion
Professional

user what do you figure all of that cost $

Old 12-22-2006, 03:13 PM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd guess to get everything done on his list, not including labor, would be somewhere in the $3000 range, depending on the parts and deals you get.

Old 12-22-2006, 03:26 PM
jk240sx
Professional

ORIGINAL: User2006

Virus is correct. Most of the mods that are on my truck came with it, im not top happy about it, because i wanted to do it myself, but it was a good deal and couldn’t pass it up, there was only 2 in a 100mile radius and one was CC and the other was SC... i went with the moded SC.

Anyways.

When i got the truck it had this done to it...

Small Cam Lift
Rockers Heads
Headers
M-1
Larger Fuel Injectors
Flow Pro Exhaust with Dump
Ram Air hood with stock intake tubes to TB, replaced the filter with a K&N
180 Thermo

Bought a Programmer for it "Hypertech"

I want to take the heads off and see if there was any piston work or such... but ill do that when i replace it.

I had it dynod with and without the programmer, without a tune.

I got 267rwhp so about 300-320 at crank.

Stock runs about 180rwhp/ 250crank

So it added, bout 87rwhp

I’ve talked to the people that will be tuning my truck, and they gave me some suggestions to hit 300+Hp

I have a stock TB at the moment, in the process of saving enough money to get a 53mm; there is one on ebay custom made for about 220shipped.

I want to install...
53mm TB
New Intake tubing from TB to Air Box
High Performance Wires/Plugs ECT
And i want to get my computer flashed
And everything tuned so everything works together.

Im running very rich at the moment, and i hope adding the TB and new tubing will allow more air for a leaner burn.

After having all that done im thinking i should be over 300 to the ground. my guess would be 310-320, im going to get another dyno afterwards to see what all it helps, ill post once its all done.

EDIT:

I plan on keeping this truck till i die. So my long term plans would be to replace the 360 with a 408 or just convert the 360 i have now to a 408, and have it ready to handle a 14psi S/Cer or even more.

how does 600-800hp sound, sounds good to me. Ahhh i love to dream.

Call me. I do Nissan 4 and 6's- Turbos. my personal best is a SR20DET, stock bottom end in a 260Z 505 at the wheels, stock bottom ends. I am working on a datsun 1600 with SR and twin turbo. It will make babies deaf and women hide their daughters.

Old 12-22-2006, 05:06 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: jk240sx

Call me. I do Nissan 4 and 6's- Turbos. my personal best is a SR20DET, stock bottom end in a 260Z 505 at the wheels, stock bottom ends. I am working on a datsun 1600 with SR and twin turbo. It will make babies deaf and women hide their daughters.
lol. I, in no way, have the money to purchase any type of turbo or s/cer at the moment. Think you could do twin turbos for the dak? lol.. have it set up so that my ram air hood will scoop down into the intake tubes to the turbos, so it would suck through my hood scoops. That would be badass, but again im dreaming. Im poor right now. I have to go get some new plugs/wires right now, till i can afford a full msd kit. lol.

Old 12-22-2006, 05:42 PM
jk240sx
Professional

stick with all then bolt ons then. intake , exhaust. consider a modded chip when you have done everything else. real NA power is in the fuel maps, aka, chip. when you are done with that. turbo.

Quick Reply: i need help, more power