2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Infinity System

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 11:10 AM
DakinUK
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Infinity System

Hi,
I'm hoping to upgrade the system in my truck and have a questions. Mine is fitted with the Infinty package as standard and I was wondering how this effects my choice of replacement head unit. Can the new unit use the Infinity amp and speakers? Also, is there any way to keep the steering-wheel controls?

Thanks,

Paul

Old 01-09-2007, 11:54 AM
rtkota5point9
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Infinity System

You can replace the infinity headunit with any aftermarket radio. No problems integrating witht he factory amplifier. It doesn't even need a special harness. And yes you can keep you steering wheel controls as long as the new radio either has a remote with it, or a wired remote input on the back.. PAC makes a few different units depending on which unit you decide to get. The SWI-X will work with any aftermarket radio that comes with a remote control. The SWI-PS works with any Sony or Pioneer radio with a wired remote input on the back, and they also make one for Alpine, JVC, and Kenwood(SWI-ALP)and some other brands. So just make sure the new radio has some sort of remote capability and you shouldbe all set.

Check to see if the radio you're looking at is in the listhere: http://pac-audio.com/products/produc...el%20Interface

Just because your radio isn't on the list, if it's a brand new radio they may not have updated it, but like I said as long as it's one of the brands listsed and has remote capability then it will work

Quick Reply: Infinity System