2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2000 Dakota Flasher replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 02:28 PM
labrat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Dakota Flasher replacement?

Okay new to the board...sorry if this has been addressed somewhere, I did a search but didn't find anything. I have a 2000 Dakota sport/quadcab/5.9 which seems to have a bad flasher (the turn signals stay on when pressed, maybe blinks a couple times then stays on). I bought a new flasher but can't seem to find where to put it?

I read something online about the 2wd model having it under the steering column, took that apart couldn't really find it, looked under hood in the power box, found that my new flasher was a perfect fit for the heater blower relay [&o]...(hey it was dark I didn't see the diagram) well now I got that fixed and still got a shiny new relay with nowhere to put it...anyone know? If it really is under the steering column, where exactly? Any help mucho appreciado seems like yall have a nice community here.

(Sorry for wordiness, tryin not to leave anything out)

Old 01-09-2007, 11:14 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2000 Dakota Flasher replacement?

The flasher is located below the stearing column. There's a steering column cover plate that needs to be removed to access it. IfI rember rite itstwo T30 screws. There's a fuse block with a bundle of wires leading into it. Before messing around, unhook the negative battery cable, wait 2 minutes for the airbag capacitor to discharge. The turn signal and hazard flasher is a combination piece on the 2000 Dakota. It's shaped like a cube and it should pull straight out. Hope this helps. I havnt done it this is what I found.

Travis

Quick Reply: 2000 Dakota Flasher replacement?