2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Borla Pro XS

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 01:35 AM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Borla Pro XS

Hey there. Im looking to get exhaust for my newly acquired 98 Dakota with the 5.2 and a 5 speed. I haven't heard a lot about these mufflers and was wondering if anyone had any sound clips or comments on them. I am wondering how loud they are compared to other mufflers out there mainly Magnaflow. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Ethica19
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Borla Pro XS

try going on the actual borla website at www.borla.com they have sound clips. I was able to find a whole system for 210 (it was a discontinued item).it should be comming in next week. However they only make them for 2000 so mine being a 1999 will need a little modification. Great exhaust, you can't beat the million mile warranty. Where are you getting it from? I think i saw them on E bay for about 78.95

Old 01-12-2007, 10:02 PM
TheePlaymaker
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have heard those clips but didnt know if they were the regualr borlas or the pro xs i wasnt sure if th ere was a difference between the two and yes i was gonna get um on ebay.

Old 01-13-2007, 08:08 AM
lil
Captain

Borla's are a big waste of money they do not make your truck perform any better than muffler/exhaust systems that cost 75% less.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Ethica19
Rookie

lil' may be right on Borla not improving your performance. My exhaust system ran me 210 since it was discontinued, right around the same price flowmaster exhaust system would've ran me. That is what my truck already had I think it's probably 3 years old butit sounds like crap. I got my borla it in the mail yesterdayand it took me about an hour and a half to put in.Sounds really good a nice low rumble. You can't beat the 1 million mile guarantee. When everyone's flowmasters rust and go bad, we'll still have our Borla products.

Quick Reply: Borla Pro XS