2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

99 Daktoa install -Quiter interior -better sound?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 07:06 PM
jnc2000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Daktoa install -Quiter interior -better sound?

I've seen quite a few posts in the couple of days regarding lowering interior sound, or questions relating to car audio. I won't dive into the subject too much but I have been in the field for quite some time and consider myself quite versed when it comes to you basic car stereo. I'm one who enjoys the quality of the music being reproduced, and my priority in all my installs are simplicity, and stealth.

That being said, I am doing a complete install in my 99' Dakota complete with an Active front stage powered bye Elemental Nine.4. Then 4 The 4 ch will be driving the Elemental Designs signature 6500 series comps. Sub stage will be provided via two Elemental designs SQ10's powered by an Elemental designs Nine.1. The cool part about this is the SQ10s with a mounting depth of 3"s allow me to mount them IB within the back doors.

All the sound deadening is from Elemental designs as well. SE v2 is my product of choice for all my sheet metal as well as all interior panals. . A closed cell neoprene deader is used to kill off all higher frequencies (road noise, wind)

Lastly the source unit of choice is the Pioneer DEH-880PRS. An Optima red top resides under the hood, and all wiring within has been upgraded.

This project will take a bit of time, and I will be updating with pics as I go.

Below I will post the links to the companies page for the products that I am using. In case anyone has never heard of eD, they are a Car Audio, and Home Audio company based out of Newton IA. eD has a retail store front open 5 days a week and you can walk in and see the entire build process of their speakers, cabinets, or sit down in the HT room and relax. I am not in anyway an affiliate with eD, I am just a normal every day consumer.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/index.php

Old 02-11-2007, 07:13 PM
jnc2000
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 99 Daktoa install -Quiter interior -better sound?

We start with taking the door panel off. There are two phillips screws at the bottom, as well as one up top by the a sail. With those removed we can take the screwdriver with the T25 bit and take the bit out of the door right by the handle, and then the last one by pulling the latch back.

With the door panel off, we are left with a sad sad looking door. Now mine still had the DC plastic cover over it but I quickly removed it revealing this:

First things first I cut all deadener into thin strips, as its easier to work with. With the first layer put on, heated with a heat gun and then pressed with a roller we are left with something like this.

Make sure to slap some up top by the door handle too.

Two layers thick, and the outer skin doesn't budge when I push on it.

Next up the V4, teklite

Only one layer is needed of the V4
Make sure to get behind the speaker as well as the rest of the door.

I'll post more pics later

Old 02-11-2007, 11:52 PM
DODGERAM808
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 99 Daktoa install -Quiter interior -better sound?

hey nice job man, im gonna be doing this same exact thing when i finish my project. i have 2 15" treos with a treo 1500.1. im gonna be deading the entire ab. keep the pics coming. thanks

Quick Reply: 99 Daktoa install -Quiter interior -better sound?