2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

injection cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:25 AM
tonywayne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injection cleaner?

I have a 2001 3.9L dakota with about 85000 miles. I was just wanting some opinions on agood fuel injection cleaner/additave. Thanks Tony

Old 03-01-2007, 10:57 AM
BAnders
Veteran
Default RE: injection cleaner?

buy a tank of supreme and add a can of B-12 chem tool to the tank, also a tune up wouldnt hurt either. get an additional can of b-12 and add that to the oil, run for 5 min and drain(when you do change the oil)it will help remove all the carbon build up

Old 03-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

Follow the directions off the bottle of "Sea Foam", found in any auto parts store. Run it through the vaccum line, coming off of the brake booster, into the intake manifold.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:50 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on the sea foam. it works really good. do a search on here for it. I'm sure there was a couple threads about it.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:00 PM
shnormo
Veteran

ORIGINAL: virused

Follow the directions off the bottle of "Sea Foam", found in any auto parts store. Run it through the vaccum line, coming off of the brake booster, into the intake manifold.
Sea foam cleans the intake manifold, intake runners, valves, pistons, catalytic converter, and O2 snesors, but JUST the tips of the injector. To go the whole 9 yards, take some throttle body cleaner and clean out the inside of the throttle body. With the vehicle off, take the air intake tube off and have someone hold down the accelerator. Spray the throttle bore and the throttle plate. Then for the intank addative, I use lucas upper cylinder lubrication and a little bit of their regular fuel injection system cleaner. (yes I mix them)

Old 03-02-2007, 03:01 AM
tonywayne

Thanks guys. Never heard of seafoam i might try it. I looked at there website and it has alot of aplications. What aboutother off the shelf fuel injector / carb cleaner like what u would find at most gas stations? The only one i can think of is i think its STP is it a good one?

Old 03-02-2007, 03:28 AM
Rakaric
Record Breaker

STP is good. In fact I used it the other day for the O2 sensor. Cleaned it off very well.

Quick Reply: injection cleaner?