2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

seat belt buckle

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 01:22 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default seat belt buckle

On my truck the drivers side seat belt buckle is stiff to get the belt into, but when you go to release it it releases fine. The bukle is the part that stays on the right side of the drivers seat and it will only accept the locking piece if you push it in a certain way, any ideas/fixes for the problem, was going to try switching it for another belt end in the truck, maybe the one on the drivers side in the back (my truck is a club cab, no back doors, but back seats) would this work, does anybody know?? thanks in advance

Old 03-08-2007, 05:42 PM
2000dakota4x4
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: seat belt buckle

I don't see why that wouldn't work. Just do a quick check to make sure the back belt is the same length as the front one. I can't say for fact cause I have a regular cab. You may be able to stretch the front belt all the way to the back, the reverse, to see if this will fix your buckle binding problems.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:13 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: seat belt buckle

i will try that but when i got the truck both of the front buckles did it until i lubricated them, then the passenger one stopped doing it and worked fine, but the drivers one kept acting up i was just hoping to get a definite answer on that before i took the entire front seat assembly out to get it off, and the entire back seat assembly apart to get at the buckle in the back, but i will try and measure, and test that theory and let you know was hoping for someone else who had the same problem, or knew how to get the front seat off without the whole bench coming up

Quick Reply: seat belt buckle