2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

r/t upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 06:16 AM
bigtedaf08
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default r/t upgrades?

new to the forum...i was just wondering if anyone knew of a good setup to put on an r/t as far a new cylender heads and camshaft (what numbers are good without going too extreme)? I was planning on an edlebrock intake manifold too and it already has headers and throttle body, any advice? i dont see many ppl bother with it, it seems like mostly prochargers and stuff.

Old 03-15-2007, 06:18 AM
bigtedaf08
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: r/t upgrades?

also, if user2006 sees this, where do yall generally meet up in dallas, or how would i get in on that?

Old 03-15-2007, 06:36 AM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: r/t upgrades?

Go to DFWDakotas.com and we have meets and stuff posted. Get to know the crowd ect.. This 18th is a Mopar Show some of us are going to, and the 25th we are having a meet in grapevine

Also r/t upgrades are very easy to find, if you have money then there is TONS of things you can do..

I would go with the M-1 2bbl Intake instead. Try to stick with mopar when doing mods, seems to work the best with these motors, also plugs never get bosch, get autolites 3923's or some champions.

Mopar PPH headers

R/T Heads with port and polish

fastman TB 52mm

Flo master/Borla exhuast

I have some stuff done to my R/T im about to get a fastman or holley 52mm TB, and dyno my truck again right now im putting down about 270 ground 350rwtq.

after my TB, im going to work on the little things like GPS Soliniods, Caps, Coil, Dis, Valves, then im going to cam it and get a shiftkit..

then ill save up for a conversion kit to bore mine out to a 408 stroker, and after that S/C with forged internals, and pcm flash.. and all the good stuff. Lots of plans, but no $ lol...

Quick Reply: r/t upgrades?