2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

mandrel bend tubing vs standard tubing??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:32 PM
kfickel
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mandrel bend tubing vs standard tubing??

now all exhaust say about the hp gain, now how much of that power gain you think is from the actuall tubing, i meen if i go with the high flow magnaflow cat and muffler with standard bent tubing how much differnce you think it would be to mandrel bent tubing? i meen it seems like a waist anyway right cause im not going with headers to get the full airflow the engine can push anyway right?? please help me understand this better?

Old 03-18-2007, 12:59 AM
horatio102
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: mandrel bend tubing vs standard tubing??

It all adds up, just like a CAI is only worth a couple of hp, a muffler is worth a couple, etc. Mandrel versus crimp bend it can make a huge difference if you've got any sharp bends, but a huge difference is only a small handfull of hp in the grand scheme of things. Lets put it another way, you're going to get a gain if you're selecting the proper sized pipe, but not quite as much as if you went with mandrel bent.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:38 AM
imnothot02
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 ^^^

Old 03-18-2007, 03:58 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

mandrel bend makes for a sweeter sound verse crimped. but if you go with an exhaust, dont buy a kit. it is cheaper to get mufflers and go have pipes bent and hung. most places if you pay in cash dont charge sales tax.

Quick Reply: mandrel bend tubing vs standard tubing??