2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

beefing up..Need help..

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 10:41 AM
mjakatank
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beefing up..Need help..

I have a 2000 dodge dakota r/t and i recently added a procharger...the power gain was alright but not nearly enough..i would like to know what i should do first to get the most power.. intake?? piston change?? cam?? any help would be appreciated..thanks

Old 03-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Default RE: beefing up..Need help..

A good cam would certainly help. Have you had your computer flashed after installing the procharger? Some rockers would also be a good idea. Larger throttle body, etc.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:38 PM
JBs DAK
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many lbs of boost you making? And, with what size pulley on the blower; 3.33-2.95-2.75?
How many heat-ranges colder than stock are your plugs? What's the gap??
What size fuel-pump??? What's your fuel-presure at?? Stock injectors?
What kind of headers are you using? You are running headers???
Need to hear more what you have done.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:47 AM
DODGERAM808
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have all bolt-ons done already? with more air you need more fuel. start with the pump. a cam will really wake up the blower as well. are you running an aftercooler? if not that is a good idea for cooler denser air.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:52 AM
BAnders
Veteran

with a charger you need more fuel psi and need to run premium fuel. also you need a better exhaust system

Old 03-27-2007, 10:11 AM
jk240sx
Professional

Cams. cams, cam. In every motor I have ever built, Turbo only takes you so far, then it's cams. if you are serious, build a solid bottom end, balance it, then get a good 3 angle grind. Once you have a good bottom end, then work on the top. Porting and Polishing. Then work on cooling, Oil and water. Then finish off with dyno & ECU tuning. I built Duy's NA KA 240 to 700hp. we hit 900hp on the dyno but threw a rod because the bottom wasn't balanced to hit that. There is a trade off on long stroke blocks.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:50 PM
Mike954
Rookie

More fuel is the key to more power.

The procharger setup for the Dakota does not come with any fuel system upgrades, at least mine didn't! The easiest thing to do is to add an extra injector with its own computer or you can run a return fuel line to the fuel tank, add a larger volume pump and discard the regulator and add an FMU or rising rate fuel pressure regulator, you will also need larger injectors, which are dependant on how much hp you want. Accell has a good chart showing approximately what size injectors you need for certain hp.

Quick Reply: beefing up..Need help..