2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

AC condesor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 05:53 PM
kcoop99
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC condesor replacement

I bought my 99 dakota 2wd last October knowing the condensor needed to be replaced. I am not an expert on cooling systems, but the condensor is right up front correct?? If that is what I see, is this a pretty simple job? Are there any precautions I should have? Also, I am assuming I will need to get it recharged. Is this something I can do myself also. Can't I just buy the refill cans at the auto parts store? Thanks for the input!

Old 03-29-2007, 07:25 PM
streetrider13
Default RE: AC condesor replacement

it is something you can do yourself if your pretty confident in your wrenching abilities. It's pretty much just like replacing a radiator except you'll swap out the condenser. You'll need to either buy or rent the quick-disconnect tools to disconnect the lines but besides that it's pretty straight forward. I recharged my own system when i swaped the evap. core and it wasn't hard at all. i just bought the recharge kit that came with a pressure gauges and plugged it into the high pressure side of the system.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:08 PM
imnothot02
Record Breaker
Default RE: AC condesor replacement

http://www.familycar.com/Classroom/ac1.htmand dont get the stuff on ur hands, you can recharge the system yourself... www.car-part.com is good for parts

Quick Reply: AC condesor replacement