2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Question about Disc Italia brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 10:10 PM
00blkDak4.7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Disc Italia brake pads

I'm new here and yes I did do a search for this topic before posting. The only thing I found was a post about Disc Italia rotors. I am looking at putting new high performance pads on my '00 Dakota. It is totally stock right now as far as brakes go. Right now I just want to upgrade the pads. Tire Rack has their own testing procedure for the products they sell. They list three things regarding pads; stopping ability, noise and dust. They list ceramics, regardless of brand, as having less stopping ablility but offering less dust and quieter operation. They show that metallic or composite pads are best for stopping power, regardless of brand, but possibly putting off more dust or creating more noise.

However they don't sell Disc Italia brand pads.
Disc Italia offer pads of "Titanium Kevlar". Certainly sounds impressive but I have never heard of Titanium Kevlar pads. But me not having heard of it means nothing. Has anyone tried these pads or have any knowlegde of them? Is there really anything to this compound or is it just a sales/advertising gimmick? I am primarily concerned with stopping power but noise and dust are also going to factor in.
Thanks for reading and any help you might give!!

Quick Reply: Question about Disc Italia brake pads