2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Please help me out transmission and A/C problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009 | 02:53 AM
fldodge4x4
|
Rookie
Default Please help me out transmission and A/C problem

Please help me figure this out. A while back I went to AAMCO (worst shop in the world screwed me out of a grand) anyway they told me that there is a wiring harness under the seat and that my air conditioning wire melted and fused together with my TCM transmission control module. So they separated the wires and it worked for a while until it rained out and my truck got wet. So now the grounds were bad they redid them it worked for a while then once again it got wet and messed up. So anyway after 14 trips to the shop and a grand spent and an argument with the manager I can't go to AAMCO (I filed a complaint with there corporate headquarters and the Better Business Bureau.) Now I'm on my way to from Florida to North Carolina and suddenly it goes out again (starts going into limp mode) then I shut off my air conditioning and it shifts fine. Whats going on here? I'm so confused and really don't know where to start. Does anyone know how to access the wires under the drivers side floor? Has this happened to anyone before. It sucks having a 4x4 and not being able to go offroad or even in rain for that matter.

The truck is a 2000 dodge dakota quad cab 4x4 with the 4.7v8

Old 07-04-2009 | 06:51 PM
Sohcvtec1995
Rookie

fix it one more time and sell the truck. sounds like the have been doing bad aid repairs and not solveing the problem

Old 07-05-2009 | 03:18 AM
fldodge4x4
|
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sohcvtec1995
fix it one more time and sell the truck. sounds like the have been doing bad aid repairs and not solveing the problem
I don't think I can do that. I love this truck. It really is the only material thing i own that brings me a smile on my face

Quick Reply: Please help me out transmission and A/C problem