2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

what does DF think of my new cb? *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 04:38 PM
DuckandDodge
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking what does DF think of my new cb? *pics*

hey guys just installed my new cb this morning. its a "Uniden Pro510XL". and i got it with a 4" antenna for about $60. from Rightchannelradios.com. today i was doing a radio check and i was picking up people about 7 miles from where i am. any who, i'm just glad i got compact one. cause i almost ran out of room down under the ac controls. heres the pictures where i put it and how i set it up..
PC250003.jpg
PC250004.jpg
PC250005.jpg
^^ i had just enough room left to still open the ash tray
PC250006.jpg
^^ i connected the positive wire to the #22 fuse, but this was not a problem because it is used for the seat warmer, which i do not have. the negative wire is grounded to a screw. (be carful which one you choose, otherwise you may hear the engine through the speaker on the cb. this happened to me and i just changed screws until i found one that worked.)
PC250007.jpg
^^ after that was done i wired the antenna cord through the middle and under the seats and then out through sliding rear window.
PC250009.jpg
^^ i then drilled holes for the mounting hardware for the antenna and hooked it up.
PC250008.jpg
^^ finished. it took about an hour to do by myself.

so what do you all think?

Old 12-25-2009, 05:43 PM
somebodynowhere
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll post up some pics of my CB it looks nice where it is and there's room for the mic to go in the door. However I'm getting my tranny built right now so It'll be in a week

Old 12-26-2009, 09:52 PM
User
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the wire sticking out of the back window is tacky as hell, i think you should work a bit harder on making it a tad bit more professional looking. If the wire is not long enough extend it, maybe run it down under the cab and up between the bed and cab. Thats what i would have done, not only will that fix any "leaking" issues it would hide the wire and look a lot better.

and sheesh i just noticed the wires hanging the cab to.. man tuck that ****.. its not hard lol.. i have like a MILLION accessories in my truck and none of them have wires showing. Its easy to tuck and hide that stuff. It just me though i don't like wires running everywhere in my cab where people can see.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:19 PM
DuckandDodge
Professional

yeah i know i need to tuck it in, it came with a 6 ft wire so it was just long enough to run it like that. there was about an inch of slack left. but as soon as i get more money for a longer wire i will be running it under the truck. and its the same with the power cord too., but down where i live, if it works, it good enough. and my tuck has dents and scratches and paint baking ad pealing and spray painted over all over the place. so its not like it needs to look pro. :/

Old 12-27-2009, 02:52 PM
moparman_2004
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like the obama sticker better!!!!!

Old 12-27-2009, 03:30 PM
batman13
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think if you bring it up here i'll run your wires and make the whole shebang look factory
but if it works for you then it works

Old 12-28-2009, 09:53 PM
DuckandDodge
Professional

Originally Posted by moparman_2004
i like the obama sticker better!!!!!

and another reason i dont have the money is im kinds sorta trying to open up a garage.