2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Bail me out with a picture of power steering lines to rack

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 12:54 PM
dbilik
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bail me out with a picture of power steering lines to rack

I stopped working on my power steering pump lines yesterday and went to sleep and when I woke up to start again I cannot remember which line went where on the rack/steering gear side. Pretty stupid of me, but hey, it happens. If anyone has a photo showing I would appreciate it. I found a few pics from engine swaps, but this is a 4wd and has hard sections of line going into the steering gear from the back side of the truck, not coming in directly from the front. Thanks in advance if anyone has this.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:10 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Default this?

Last edited by 98DAKAZ; 11-20-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:45 PM
dbilik
Record Breaker

I should include photos. I found that diagram in the FSM, but it shows the lines from the front on the 4.7, I guess 4WD is different as mine are entering the steering gear from the rear. I just basically need to know which of these two ports is the pressure line and which is for the return I think. I assume that might the same as the diagram you showed me.

Just want to be extra sure I am going to be routing these lines the correct direction and hooking up to the right port.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Rakaric
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think it matters. When I replaced my rusted out lines, I spent forever trying to thread on the nut. I was wondering like what the crap! It won't go in! I soon realized that the nuts they had on the replacement lines were inverse, because it fit like a glove when I tried the other port. I have no problems with the steering, so I guess it really doesn't matter. It just flows the power steering fluid through it.

Old 11-20-2011, 02:30 PM
dbilik
Record Breaker

They do seem to be different size thread, so i will just route it so the lines are snagging on anything.

Quick Reply: Bail me out with a picture of power steering lines to rack