2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

new wheels and tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 05:45 PM
hanleysh
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default new wheels and tires

hey guys, I'm looking at ordering new wheels and tires very soon and was looking for some input on backspacing and offset and what not. Did a search and didn't come up with the answers I was looking for.(or I'm just to dumb to figure it out) Anyways I'm getting a set of 17" KMC Rockstar XD 775's. The wheels are "17x8 with a +10 offset and backspacing between 4.75 and 5"(this is the answer i got from a salesman) SO what exactly does this mean? Will these wheels stick out further than stock? Or set in? How much? Sorry but I'm a real noob when it comes to aftermarket wheels. Also have a new RLC Fab front bumper coming and plan on wrapping the wheels with 305/70/17 Maxxis big horn M/Ts and currently have a 3" body lift, aftermarket keys, and add-a-leafs in the back, and 2" spacers up front. Anyone see a problem wit this combination? Thank you all in advance.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:39 PM
jacobclif_9
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can tell you that stock wheels are +25 offset, so the new wheels will make the tire stick out 15mm more, about 3/5 of an inch. The tires are about 1.5" wider than stock, so that divided in half (for two sides if you put the tire on the center of the wheel) give 3/4" wider. So if you add those two together then your new wheels and tires will stick out 1.35" than stock if my calculations are right.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:58 PM
hanleysh
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, I'll take your word for it. Thank you for the response

Quick Reply: new wheels and tires