2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

cat back system???

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 04:46 PM
1BADHEMI
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cat back system???

I'm looking at an 3" Aero cat back system and was wondering if anyone knowsif the existing pipingwill work or if it needs to be partly or completly replaced to accomodate this new system.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Hemi4wheeling
Rookie
Default RE: cat back system???

It will hook up to your stock piping at the cat.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:58 PM
1BADHEMI
Rookie

Thanks for the info. I decided to go with the Magnaflow instead. Seems to get a lot of good remarks.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Hemi4wheeling
Rookie

The magnaflow will hook up to the stock piping as well.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:52 PM
1BADHEMI
Rookie

I had the option of getting a dual exhaust and went with it because you don't see many Durangos with duals. What do you guys think? Has anyone put duals on or seen duals on any 2nd gen D's?

Old 04-14-2007, 01:27 AM
Hemi4wheeling
Rookie

I have duals. Both are running out the passenger side. I could have gone the route of doing the duals out both sides but when going off road it will rub the suspension to much.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:34 AM
1BADHEMI
Rookie

I don't get to do to much off roading. Mainly because the stock suspension stinks in my opinion. That and not knowing where to go off roading at. Guy doing exhaust mentioned some edlebrock shocks that would help the ride so that may be next. First gotta get the HP up. Any idea if the cat back will increase horsepower?? I was suprised to see how much hp is lost from the engine to the rear wheels on the dyno. Hopefully i can make up for some of that loss.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Nitracity

ORIGINAL: 1BADHEMI

I don't get to do to much off roading. Mainly because the stock suspension stinks in my opinion. That and not knowing where to go off roading at. Guy doing exhaust mentioned some edlebrock shocks that would help the ride so that may be next. First gotta get the HP up. Any idea if the cat back will increase horsepower?? I was suprised to see how much hp is lost from the engine to the rear wheels on the dyno. Hopefully i can make up for some of that loss.
My mods are as follows and were installed as numbered
[ol][*]Magnaflow catback & I noticed a lil bit of a difference in power.[*]Hypertech Power programmer III. I have it set at 87 octane & what a night & day difference did this makealong with the exhaust. I have yet to set it at 93 octane but if reg. feels this good then premium must be a whole lot better. Besides premium is too expensive & regular is working fine for me.[*]Volant Cold Air Intakealong with a Throttlebodyspacer. I noticed even more torque & more power wth this mod along with the other mods.[/ol]

Old 04-15-2007, 02:35 PM
1BADHEMI
Rookie

I looked on Hypertech website and could not find a programmer for the Durango. Is it the same one they use for the Ram truck?

Old 04-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Hemi4wheeling
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Nitracity

[ol][*]Volant Cold Air Intakealong with a Throttlebodyspacer. I noticed even more torque & more power wth this mod along with the other mods.
[/ol]
Throttlebody spacer? Complete waste of money on the Hemi motor as you have a MPI enging. TB spacers were good for older vehicles but not for ours. It has no beneficial gains at all.

Quick Reply: cat back system???