2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

a few questions for you experianced Durango owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007 | 07:24 PM
wolfee
|
Default a few questions for you experianced Durango owners

I just bought my new Durango. It is an 06 4.7ltr with towing pkg.

I love it so far and I am getting better then expected gas milage. 16.5 city, 18.5 hwy. on a stock config.

I have been thinking about getting the K/N cool air set up, but it is a bit out of my price range at the moment.

1st Q.
If I put the cool air set up on my Durango, willI / Should I need to reprogram the computer? or is it a direct swop out.

2md Q.
I notice my AC takes a very long time to cool off (5 minutes or longer depending on the outside temp), then it still will not blow cold very cold air. Is this normal? Also the air blower doesnt really move alot of air. it seems to be rather week up front.
In my 02 Grand Caravan it is like instant cold, and would even start to have condenced ice buildup on the windshield if left in defrost.

Thanks in advance
Wolfee

Old 06-09-2007 | 10:41 PM
Hemi4wheeling
Rookie
Default RE: a few questions for you experianced Durango owners

Q1: No you do not need to reprogram anything. Installation should take about 30 minutes.

Q2: You probably need a recharge and your blower motor is probably broken. I had to have mine on my 05 replaced and it only had 22K on the clock.

Old 06-13-2007 | 04:09 PM
MistaJoe

I doubt he needs a recharge on an 06 already. The interior of the Durango is huge so that kind of mass takes a while to fill up with cold air. Do you have the A\C recirculation system on? If you have the auto climate control on it is that button that has the two parallel rotational lines on it. With it on the cabin air will just keep recirculating through the system and it will cool it down alot faster than the regular A\C. Also if you have rear A\C have you checked that it is on the lowest setting? Within 5 minutes with all the settings up my D is an icebox even with outside air temps around 100.

Old 06-16-2007 | 12:25 AM
wolfee
|

I have an 02 grand Caravan as well, so I know and use the recirc trick. The thing is, I have both front and back on the lowest setting, and recirc.Only after driving for about 5 minutes at speeds of 45+ will it finialy start to get cold.

Old 06-17-2007 | 06:40 PM
06_Durango

i installed the cold air intake and what a diffirence in sound and fuel i gain about 2 to 3 mpg, ive also intalled a mod chip for the air sensor.

Old 06-18-2007 | 03:10 AM
IndyDurango
Champion

Ditto MistaToe.

The D is a very large area to cool. If you check your manual, it will say...

1) Roll down windows when you first start moving to evacuate the hot air trapped inside quickly
2) Set Max air on Max fan
3) Set rear air to Max fan
4) 2 minutes or so, roll up windows.

That is the best it's gonna get with these instructions. If you are trying to cool the trapped hot air by just getting in and turning on the AC at any level, it will take forever.

If you feel your charge is a little low, it's $15 for a can with a hose at the auto parts store and they will even show you how to use it. You will probably get 1/2 a can in there on an '06 at most.

HTH,

IndyDurango

Quick Reply: a few questions for you experianced Durango owners