2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

VES Error

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 10:24 PM
p5surf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VES Error

I have a 2004 Dodge Durango with the VES. I've had it for a few years and it's been running fine. Recently the VES system has not been functioning properly. Sometimes I put a DVD in and it won't read the disk. The dashboard tells me "VES ERROR" and it won't play the disk. Sometimes I get in the truck when it's cold, put in a DVD and it runs fine for about 10 minutes. Then it stops and I get "VES ERROR" all over again. I thought maybe there was a hair or something in the way of the laser head so I sprayed it out with some compressed air, which worked; albeit temporarily.
Has anyone had a similar experience with the VES? Is there something I can do to repair it or will I have to bring it to the dreded dealer[:'(] who will charge me a fortune?

Thanks!

Old 01-18-2008, 08:05 AM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: VES Error

Im not completely sure on the system, if it has the same system as the jeep whenever we had an issue with a disc it would read "disc error" instead of "VES error" But thats a Jeep system, they might differ.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:58 PM
fredy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ves error or disc error

Ves error or disc error are the same. I have jeep and and when insert dvd disk the navigation screen displays a ves error and in the same time displays a disc error in the rear seat dvd screen but it reads the audio cd perfectly.
Any one have any idea about this problem please help us ASAP

Quick Reply: VES Error