2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Drivability problem 2004 durango Hemi

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 01:09 PM
alblande
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivability problem 2004 durango Hemi

HELP HELP HELP I have 04 Durango Hemi. this is the problem. Started to loose power & was "sputtering" So I slowed down. As soon as I got up to 20mph (just after it went into 2nd gear) it stalls. Starts right up. Trouble codes P0129. Electronic Throttle Control-Barametric Pressure too low. So I cleared the PCM Took it for a ride same thing. Now it shows P0129 & P2174. Throttle Actuator Control System- Sudden air flow detected. Help car not under warranty only has 40,000 miles on it and is up on lease in November. Don't want to spend alot of money on a car I'm trading in. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Old 05-22-2008, 02:57 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Drivability problem 2004 durango Hemi

AB:

Are you the first or second owner of this D?? If you are the first, or if you are the second and you paid the $150 xer fee, you have a 7yr/70k Powertrain warranty. There is a $100 deductible.

Could also be a s smple as a battery on its way out. If your battery is original, have it "load" tested and replace it if it seems the least bit flaky. Our D's are VERY sensitive to bad or failing batteries.

A battery would not be covered under the PT warranty, but quite a few other things would.

Don

Old 05-22-2008, 03:42 PM
sca
Professional
Default RE: Drivability problem 2004 Durango Hemi

Agree on the battery, also check your transmission fluid level (also a common code for stalling if the oil level is low, but does not sound related to your issues). Clean your throttle body...
Do you often drive with cruise control on for a long time (several hours)? That is also causing the ETC light to come on and should give similar failure codes.

Old 05-22-2008, 04:48 PM
alblande

OK to answer both your questions, I am the original owner of the D I do not drive w/ cruise control, mostly do local driving. OK I have been looking at other posts prior and they said to remove the PCM fuse however my fuse cover is not labeled. Can you tell me where it is located? How would the powertrain warranty cover the stalling issue? or the ETC issue?

Old 05-22-2008, 10:34 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AB:

Get the battery checked. Also, try a battery disconnect reset and see if that helps.
I like to take off the Neg cable, then depress the brake pedal for a minute or so. Then, reconnect and take her for a drive.

Good to hear that you do have the PT warranty, andI understand that external engine parts coverage is very limited.

My bet is your battery is on its way out.

Don

Quick Reply: Drivability problem 2004 durango Hemi