2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Blower Motor Resistor- 2004 Durango

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008 | 03:01 PM
snyperj
|
Default Blower Motor Resistor- 2004 Durango

On July 2nd, my blower stopped working on all settings. Something similar happened to me once before with a caravan and it was the blower motor resistor. It's a cheap part so I figured it was worth the shot. I picked up a new on from the dealer and took the old one off. I could tell right away that it was causing the problem as one of the pins on the old resistor was pretty cooked. What also concerned me was the connector also looked pretty melted. I went ahead and put the new one on and the blower worked again. Problem solved- until yesterday (7/17). I came out of a store, started up the truck- again no blower. So, I unscrewed the cover that rests over the resistor and wiggled the resistor itself. Turned the truck on, blower working again. So that tells me the resistor itself is still good, I am wondering now if the connector is bad? Dealer says the whole harness is available, for $74.00. Apparently you cannot just buy the connector piece itself.

Any thoughts, similar experiences?

Name:  100_0141.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  73.2 KB

Old 07-23-2008 | 07:23 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Default RE: Blower Motor Resistor- 2004 Durango

You can buy the connector and the wire "pigtails" you have to solder them together. Ask your dealer about part # 5017124AB.

Old 08-30-2008 | 01:14 PM
2004 dakota club cab 2wd 6cyl

hey parts/service, i bought # 5017124AB from the dealer but can't figure out how to force the wires into the connector without breaking something. any suggestions would be appreciated.

this is the second time that i have to replace the resistor. the first time the resistor failed. this time the connector fried. hasn't chrysler issued a technical service bulletin on this problem? it does not appear to be an isolated exeperience. i spoke with the mechanics at my local dealer and they said that they replace a lot of them. i believe that they are telling the truth since the parts department had the connector in stock. they are very lean on their parts inventory.

Last edited by 2004 dakota club cab 2wd 6cyl; 08-30-2008 at 01:15 PM. Reason: missed question mark

Quick Reply: Blower Motor Resistor- 2004 Durango