2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

interior lights won't shut off =(

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 10:58 PM
eaglestorm
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they orderd parts and you have the truck?? the milage is stored in the cluster if they have to order the cluster they are required to keep your truck untill the cluster come in so the mileage will be the same. It's fed law and the cluster is the only part that would have to be replaced and thats not very often. the rest is switching wires at the cluster plug and a reflash. unless the cluster is replaced then it comes with the new flash

Old 01-06-2009, 07:27 PM
jrchappel

I had the same problem with the interior lights. I took it in for the instrument cluster recall and everything works fine now. They didn't tell me until it was apart that they didn't have the new part in stock, so they gave me a loaner overnight.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:15 AM
aaronacj

the cluster has been replaced and the truck works great now... thanks for all the help.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:53 PM
MrKWW

Same problem with the interior lights. I had the instrument cluster (g07) done. Didn't fix it. However, they still have to do the instrument cluster capacitor. Order part. When they change this, will the lights operate normally?

Thanks,

kww

Old 12-12-2023, 11:35 PM
FranFV

Originally Posted by aaronacj
Hi,
I have a problem with my interior lights. Earlier today we drove around in out 2004 Durango with no problems, then tonight for whatever reason the interior lights wont turn off. The trunk light stays on no matter what I do, the lights on the ceiling also stay on. If i press the button they still stay on, they just slightly dim. Ever after 8 mins and the auto headlight shut off the interior lights stay on.

I checked the doors and they are shut, same with the trunk. I messed with the cabin dimmer to see if that was the problem and nothing.

Any help would be fantastic.
Hi,
I have a loaner from the dealership because my chrysler is in service. I figured out how to shut the overhead lights off. On the dashboard console, to the LEFT of the steering wheel look for the dimmer switch for the lights. ( maybe located in a different place depending on your year and model) TURN DOWN the dimmer switch for the interior lights all the way, the overheads will turn OFF. Then slowly turn up the dimmer switch, the dashboard lights will get brighter, and stop before the overheads go on. Apparently the light icon switches do not work if the dimmer switch is all the way up. I just figured it out.

Quick Reply: interior lights won't shut off =(