2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Piece of Crap Dodge Stereo, Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 12:41 AM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piece of Crap Dodge Stereo, Help!!!!

Well, this started as soon as we bought this truck, like, the same day soon.

First, the volume just stopped working, out of nowhere. Took it back to the "dealership" (ford dealership, but more used cars than anything), they sent it up the road to the Dodge dealership, ended up being the factory amp.

NOW, the in-dash 6disc changer is messed up. Started by doing nothing, not playing, ejecting, or loading. I tried and tried and tried, couple months later got it to play a cd. So, I took that oppurtunity and ejected all the cd's out. Now, it's still saying there's a disc in #3 (they're all empty), and it won't let me load anything. If I try, it'll "click" a million times, then say "error". Then, sometimes, it'll sound like its still trying to load, up to an hr or so after I quit trying, even if the trucks OFF!!!!!!!!!

I tried to disconnect the battery for an hr, try to reset something/anything, no go. So, what can I do? Is this still something the factory "has" to fix, or is it solely in my hands? ANY help is greatly giganticly appreciated, the ol' lady is on my as$ about this.....

Edit: BTW, this is the D I'm talking about, just to clarify. Its the in-dash 6disc/mp3 player. Please say you can save me $300+

Last edited by 4.7Ram5.7Rango; 12-18-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your radio is covered by the 3 year 36,000 mile warranty, no matter if you bought it new or used.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:15 PM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I appreciate that tidbit of info, but it sucks, lol. the truck is really over 3yrs old, and sitting at 56,000 miles So.... just have to look for a oem replacement huh? Anyone install an aftermarket unit, wanna get rid of theirs?? Lol, thanks for the help....

Quick Reply: Piece of Crap Dodge Stereo, Help!!!!