2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

New Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10's and KYB shocks

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 10:47 PM
mndurango2010
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10's and KYB shocks

Hello, this is my first post to this forum. I have read many threads regarding different subjects and the advice here is very good most of the time.

I recently bought and installed new Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10's and KYB shocks on my 2005 Durango Limited 5.7L AWD. These tires are awesome, great handling, super quiet on the freeway ( for tread this aggressive ), and great traction. The shocks on my D were gone, they were the original Sachs shocks. MY truck would rock back and fourth like 4 times when pulling out of my driveway and bounce all over the place when hitting slightest of uneven pavement. The new KYB Gas-A-Just shocks make the truck feel firm and solid, but not harsh ( no more bounce ). It is a 300% improvement. Installed them in about an hour and a half. I did need to take the sawzall to the driver side swaybar link bottom bolt because it was completely rusted on, but it needed new bushings anyway so it kind of worked out ok.

I also just cleaned the underbody and sprayed rust converter enamel and then coverted that a day later wih Amsoil HD oil spray to coat the underbody (apparently is a great rust preventer).

Anyways, I thought I would post this as I was searching for info on how certain tires and shocks performed on the Durango and I found lots of good info on this site, so I figured others could use this info as well going forward.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:50 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site,
FF

Quick Reply: New Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10's and KYB shocks