2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

'05 Durango Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Aspen Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05 Durango Questions

First folks, I want to say hi from a new forum member. I look forward to gaining knowledge from this site and I look forward to what is on this site.

I am a Dodge owner ('05 Durango) and would like to get either a new Ram and I am considering a F-150, also (don't shoot me). Fact is however, I do not know if I want to take on another payment right now, so I am thinking of doing some things to my stock Durango. I am thinking of adding a lift, rims, larger tires, tubular sides steps, bull bar and possibly a roof tire carrier. Having said all of that, I know squat about any of this stuff, I am new to all of this and I am hoping you all have suggestions to the questions below.

Where should I look (manufacturers of lift kits) for a lift, roughly 3"-4"?

What size rims would you recommend?

What is the largest tire size that the Durango can use (without modifying the wheel well)?

Recommendations for chrome tubular side steps?

Recommendations for chrome bull bars?

I really appreciate any information that you all may be able to provide on this subject. Also, for anyone who has modified a Durango, please post pics if it is not too much of a problem!

Cheers!

Old 09-04-2010, 09:01 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

www.mopar.com has a set of chrome side steps and 20" wheels are standard on my Durango (the rim is the outside part of the wheel),
FF

Quick Reply: '05 Durango Questions