2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

06 durango 5.7 hemi shuts down immediately after start

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 11:31 AM
bffdika
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 durango 5.7 hemi shuts down immediately after start

Hi all and happy holidays.

The other day my wife went to start her Duango and it would start fine but shut itself off immediately. Ran smooth and could hear fuel pump before starting. Was just like i turned it off with key. after 3 starts and shutdowns it started fine and hasn't happened again. One thread mentioned the CTM but couldn't find any more than that. Any ideas? Im thinking security or key fob maybe. Gonna end up taking MY truck for our Christmas trip so i don't end up having to take it to a shop if it acts up on the road. If it acts up at home we can all handle it but on the road we're all pretty much at the mercy of the shop you tow it to.

Merry Christmas

Old 12-24-2010, 05:22 PM
wcb362

This happened to my wife's first Durango. It turned out to be the camshaft timing positioning sensor . This happened on and off again for about a month before it stopped running at all. It cost more to have it towed to find out that was the trouble than buying the part.

Old 12-25-2010, 02:39 PM
PokerMunkee
Professional

Try the key trick to see if you can get any codes. If it's the camshaft sensor, it's a pretty easy fix to do it yourself.

Quick Reply: 06 durango 5.7 hemi shuts down immediately after start