2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Heat and A/C ventilation Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011 | 08:42 PM
SKiDMARk
|
Cool Heat and A/C ventilation Problems

Hi, New to the Forum Check out my ride when you get a chance!
I have a 2nd Gen Durango. The REAR vents do not blow warm air, They blow air, but it is not warm. Do not know if the a/c blows cold (was 30 deg. or something out). The Controls all seem to work fine, rear controls work fine, All fan / blower speeds work correctly. The front heat and a/c works wonderful, Great! runs you out in ten minutes..!
I wonder if there is a hose / vent, part of the system is unhooked or has a leak? (doubt the leak...) I know they both draw warm air from same heater core and system. Just hard to understand has to be something loose unhooked or missing?... It has never blown hot air that i know of.. I'm lost and don't know where to start?.... Could i take the bottom of the dash off and not have to take the hole dash out? "I do almost all work to my cars" and everyone else that needs a hand. But i do NoT want to tear the BiG Dash OUT!!!
I do not know if there is anyone who has ever had this problem, but if so please help. Just know when it gets warm out i want the air to work for my kids...!

MOPAR - Dodge Chrysler Jeep Eagle Plymouth

Old 03-16-2011 | 09:05 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo

The blend door may need replaced,
FF

Old 03-17-2011 | 09:49 AM
SKiDMARk
|

Yea, i'll look into that, thanks for the direction.. i'll keep you updated after i try that

Old 03-17-2011 | 09:55 AM
SKiDMARk
|

Sorry Before posting this thread i couldn't find anything on my problem on here, but after posting this thread i found more than five threads with similar Q?'s and problems. So sorry again for the repost and thank you for the quick response.

Old 03-18-2011 | 06:19 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker

Skid:
There is an auxillary coolant pump that helps move coolant back to the rear heater core. Have you gotten underneath the right rear corner with the engine on and heat full blast to make sure that both coolant lines back there are hot.

If they are, then most likely your blend door in the rear is not working properly. The part itself is not that expensive, but removing a major portion of the rear interior to get to it is not easy nor cheap.

Don

Quick Reply: Heat and A/C ventilation Problems