2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Help, Crazy Codes/ Electrical. Durango is possesed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Scottsjostrom
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well funny you say that. My sunroof on the passenger side was clogged in that little drainage hole and it was leaking a little in the cab on the passengers side right above your head on to the floor and making the floor sopping wet. But from what I know is that the BCM Cody Control Module is on the driver side left kick panel out of the way of the water, and on the passenger side when I removed the plastic kick panels, all that is under there is the little amp for the radio speakers (Infinity Sound System).

Like I said, now my Brake Lights/ Reverse Lights/ Rear Running lights dont work as of 2 days ago.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:36 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the site

Old 08-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Rythman

My 2008 Limited is doing the same thing. The alarm starting going off, and it's been nuts ever since. The instrument cluster looks like a Christmas scene, and sometimes it stops running right after I start it. I have an appointment on Monday to take it in, but I would like to know what to expect.

This all started after a serious downpoor yesterday...so I am thinking this whole "clogged gutter" theory could have some merit.

Any advice? Thanks!

Well, did some research. Removed the fuse box cover. Fuse box had some water on it. Surrounding the fuse box are junction boxes that look like breakers in your house. Removed those...ta dah!! WATER!!! Have them disconnected, shot them with some compressed air to blow out the water, and now I'll wait to let them dry. I'm at work, otherwise I would put a fan on them. Hoepfully I'll make it home today! Stay tuned...

Last edited by 1969CoronetR/T; 08-26-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Scottsjostrom

Roger that. Im in the hurrican Irene path. Maybe she will take care of this problem for me! But yea, my **** is still acting crazy

Old 08-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Rythman
Default Fixed it!

Well, I used some compressed air to dry the junction boxes. Hooked them back up. Problem solved. Check engine light stayed on for a bit, but then went away.

Keys to success...keep your sunroof drain holes clear, and put a little umbrella over the junction boxes before put the kickplate back on!

Old 09-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Scottsjostrom

What did the shop say about the 08

Old 09-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Rythman

I never took it in. Drying out the junction boxes and fuse box with compressed air was the solution. It's been running great ever since. Also, we had some more heavy rain over the past two days. I did not park it in the garage on purpose. No leaks at all since I cleaned out the drainage holes at the sunroof. I'll see how long my luck lasts!

Quick Reply: Help, Crazy Codes/ Electrical. Durango is possesed!