2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Fog lights not working need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 04:39 PM
kenobi9777
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so im new and i got a 07 Chrysler Aspen 4.7. Same engine as the Durango so i joined the Dodge forum since the Chrysler forum was completely useless. so anyways we have HID fogs and headlights Hi/low. The hids fogs on one side stopped working then both stopped working when i was messing with the wires plugging them in different spots. Then both sides stopped working, and we did a bunch of stuff and found out one ballast did not work and the other one did. Then we took the one ballast that works and plugged it in on both sides of the fogs and none of them worked. The bulbs was the first thing we changed and tested them and they all work. We used the working ballast in the headlights and it works. But when we used it on the fog they dont work, so we think its the relay so we changed them out with DDM. BTW the bulbs and relay is from DDM tuning, and the ballast we got from somewhere else. One ballast works the other does not, but ya since we had to replace the relay we put the stock fogs back on.

Now when we had the stock fogs back on they dont work either and the fogs are the ones that came with the SUV and the coils inside the bulb is intact too. So we check the fuse and it has this big sqaure balck box type fuse. We took that fuse out and took the fuse that looks just like it thats on the "Parking Lamp" and used it on the "Front Fog Lamps" spot. It still did not work and we took the fuse that was already on the fogs and put it in the parking lamps one and it works. The parking lamps turn on with this fuse that was on the "Front Fog Lamps". So we switched them back and used the "Horn" fuse on it and still not working but the fuse from the Fogs works on the horn. So i dont get it why does it not work? Is there another fuse we should look for like is there a 10 AMP fuse inside the car on the driver side that is for the fogs too? I checked those fuses but the diagram does not tell me what fuse is what so does someone know?

I really need help on this cause we dont have working fogs and this is the stock ones back on. The stock ones just have one plug right, like we only plugged in the one plug into the back of the stock halogen bulb and it only fits one way. So the fogs are on like it has the indicator on the dash cluster but not on. Oh and also when i turn the switch to the on position i here this beeeeeee or wheeeee sound and then goes away when i turn the fogs switch off. Really need help and thank you in advance.

Anyone know?

Well no one helped at all, i figured out it was a fuse that stupid chrysler did not bother to label in the fuse box

Last edited by 1969CoronetR/T; 04-28-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:39 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you addressed your issue.
FF

Quick Reply: Fog lights not working need help