2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

2006 Dodge Durango 5.7L Hemi Limited w/ 5spd Automatic Transmission 4x2

Old 02-25-2016, 06:32 PM
Shilalygawd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2006 Dodge Durango 5.7L Hemi Limited w/ 5spd Automatic Transmission 4x2

Hey guys, I'm new here, but I wanted to post up for those looking to jump into the 2nd Gen Durango life or who've recently joined in and might be wondering how reliable they are!

Mine is currently sitting on 238,000 miles (just crossed 238 yesterday), and she runs like a dream. Never had an engine or transmission issue. Rectifier on the Alternator has been rebuilt twice.

Here are some of the mods I've made:
I swapped out the stock battery for a yellow top because of a great experience with one in my '05 Silverado.
K&N Cold Air Intake
2" TB lift & P285/65/R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers w/ 18x9.5" XD Spy series rims.
Westin Bull Bar
HID upgrade for headlights and fog lights
Smoked tail lights
Radio Head upgrade to Pioneer AVH2700BS w/ Nav & Rear backup Camera
Air Dam removed
Superchips 91 Performance tune w/ Trans Tune

Bumper is currently removed due to a massive ding in it. New one is sitting in a trailer at home, but I've been too lazy to put it on haha.

Replacing the shocks with Bilsteins is my next goal because the ride has gone to hell and back. Probably been a good 100k since they were replaced. Paint is also starting to peel around the wheel well and hood too. I don't mind because I eventually want to scrap the pearl white paint coat on 'er and slap some phantom black on there instead.

Overall she's a beautiful ride, and she's held up extremely well. Setup the way she is, I can pull a 7.7 second 0-60 (best so far) and 15.3 second 1/4 mile. Not too bad for a full size SUV if you ask me . Only trade-off is a whopping 9/11.5mpg city/hwy trade-off lol

Old 02-26-2016, 02:08 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Any pictures of the 2006 Durango?

Old 02-26-2016, 02:32 PM
Shilalygawd

Only shot I have of her right now. I removed the air dam last night. It's still on in this picture.
The HID upgrades were 10000K Bi-xenon and 3000K Fog lights.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:01 AM
trembuzz

Nice lookin' ride Shilalygawd! Almost looks like "Smokey's" ride with the bull bar. Just needs a cherry bar. (giggle giggle) Mine is mineral gray metallic with 199k. No pics yet. I've got a bit of rust by the driver's side back wheel well which I hope to touch-up in the next couple weeks. I'm replacing the condenser and receiver/dryer today and tomorrow. I could just wait 'til the snow flies here (Alberta) but miss driving 'er too much! The mpg's are pretty scary but I don't put a bunch of miles on 'er I had the peeling grille issue that Canadian Durango,s get but I got one from rock auto for $100 including shipping. I'll post some pics when I'm done with the repairs. Any repairs other than the mods on yours?
trembuzz

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Durango 5.7L Hemi Limited w/ 5spd Automatic Transmission 4x2