2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Engine misfire issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 11:57 AM
Alybroski21
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine misfire issues

Hey all! I've just joined this forum as I've been having multiple issues with my Durango and thought those here could help!

I have a 2004 Durango 5.7l hemi. My engine threw a rod last month and put a hole through the engine block. Needless to say, we had the engine replaced. We had a rebuilt engine put in and since the day we got it back it has been misfiring. Before the engine issues we were getting a check engine light for a bad EGR valve which we promptly replaced. Along with the EGR code, after the engine was replaced we received a P0700 transaxle control module fault code. After clearing the EGR code after replacement it cleared the other code as well and hasn't popped up since. Anyways, we had a shop do a sweep of what's causing the misfire. After the shop who replaced the engine refused to pay a diagnostic fee we left with no answers as to why it is misfiring and was told to drive it until the check engine light comes on. The truck has also stalled 4 times since we got it back (3 weeks ago).

I'm extremely upset and just want my truck fixed! We didn't have any issues like this before the engine went out and no one can tell us what's wrong! Would anyone have any idea what might be happening? This is seriously the craziest situation.

Thanks so much!