2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

07 Cascade of Issue- Electrical? TPS, Alternator, A/C

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 11:03 PM
scottfreid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 07 Cascade of Issue- Electrical? TPS, Alternator, A/C

07, SLT, AWD, 4.7 Flex, 169,000 miles.

I'm having a continuing saga of issues. Whatever the problem, the results if killing the TPS.

I've replaced 4 alternators and about 5 throttle position sensors, and now there isn't power to the A/C clutch.

I think I have an electrical or PCM issue. The repairs shop focuses on the failed sensor and not the root cause.

Started about 2012. First TPS failed. Replaced TPS and ran fine for quite a while. Another TPS failure, then another. Symptoms- Check engine light, code high TPS voltage, stalling, and trouble starting. Replacing TPS fixes the issue, but I don't know the cause.

I've had an intermittent problem where the A/C would cut out after hard braking or similar event. Sometimes it would turn back on its own other times, you have to pullover turn off the car then restart. Yesterday, no A/C. I could tell the clutch isn't engaging. I applied 12V to clutch wiring when the engine is off and it seems to click closed.

My thoughts are a bad wire causing short circuits or the PCM is failing. The TPs failures are much more frequent now lasting about 3 months.

Anyone else have similar problems? Any suggestions? What other information do you need?

Thanks,

Quick Reply: 07 Cascade of Issue- Electrical? TPS, Alternator, A/C