2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

05 Durango - Passenger Floor

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 01:27 AM
joofa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Durango - Passenger Floor

Anyone having any problems with a mysterious knocking or popping noise coming from the passenger floor board area? Had it in the shop 3 times now and nobody can figure it out.

Intermittent "pop" when A/C is on or off, radio on or off, only during idle and it's in the vicinity of the passenger floor board...weird. Pissing me off. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 12-03-2005, 01:44 AM
newburyohio
Default RE: 05 Durango - Passenger Floor

I have noticed the same issue. Comes from passenger front seat floor in the vacinity of the left foot. Happens mostly after short drive and after engine is off - as today when I was sitting in the D reading owners manual and fiddling with ***** - new '95 4x4 hemi . Looked under vehicle and noticed water from AC condensation coming down in that general vacinity. Sounds like metal creaking as it expands and contracts. Also hearing similar sound from moon roof.

Old 12-03-2005, 11:48 AM
viclye
Default RE: 05 Durango - Passenger Floor

I had the same thing but under the driver's side. It was a knocking noise right under my feet. Had the dealer check it 3 times. They fianlly discovered the problem when I had the tires rotated. They said that a rock was lodged in by the front brake assembly.

Quick Reply: 05 Durango - Passenger Floor