2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Mopar/Borla exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 01:47 PM
FastM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar/Borla exhaust

Just ordered the Mopar/Borla exhaust for my new 06 Hemi D; wondering how it's going to sound. Had the Magnaflow cat-back on my 03 4.7 which had a great NASCAR-like grumble. I'm hoping the M/B sounds just as throaty but no louder.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:27 AM
Hemi4thewife
Default RE: Mopar/Borla exhaust

I have been waiting on what your asking .I think the magnaflow will be to LOUD for "her" Durango.So let me know how it will sound.How long before berfore you get the exhaust system.How does te exhaust come, cat back or? ???I(we) want tone NOT LOUD RUMBLE! Hell its a her "grocery getter"!!! Vince

Old 09-11-2006, 01:57 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well guys I hear that the borla exhaust is a good way to go for sound without interior resonance I think I will be going for it myself just because it will be nice and loud on the outside without whining from my wife on the inside.

Old 09-11-2006, 03:36 AM
FastM

Should get it this week; I'll slap it on there as soon as I get it. Since it's sold by Dodge dealers, I'm betting the sound will be conservative. The guy at Wyckoff Chrysler says it's the Borla cat-back system without Borla's million mile warranty, and the exhaust tips say "Mopar Borla" instead of "Borla". That system is very highly rated, most people saying the sound is very pleasing and never annoying. I have a Borla cat-back on my Scion which sounds (and looks) great.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:27 PM
Flealami

When i went to our local custom muffler shop, the owner recommended the Borla to replace my loud Flowmaster. He said that in "his experience" both Magnaflow and Borla are quieter than Flowmaster. When we looked up the system in his Borla manual it shows a resonator as part of the cat back system, something neither Flowmaster nor Magnaflow have.

Flea

Old 09-12-2006, 12:48 AM
Mean Green
Champion

FastM how do you like the toaster? My wife is the proud owner of an xA. I'm over at scionlife.com user name is almost the same as here it's MeanGreen.

Old 09-12-2006, 12:38 PM
FastM

That xB is a cool little machine. I bought it as company run-around car, but now I let my brother take it home. We junked his old T-bird, which used more gas than the Scion's car payment and fuel bill combined!

Old 09-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Mean Green
Champion

It is a good run around car for the mileage you get out of it with a low price tag. I love my D but my wife and I had to have another car so we got one with better than good gas mileage to make up for my D's gas guzzling. I really wanted to get the tC so I would actually want to steal it from time to time but it wasn't practical since we have 2 kids in carseats .

Old 09-13-2006, 02:44 AM
65shelbycobra

I guess we are the other side of the coin.. All 3 of our cars suck gas like there is no tommorow.. Probably becuase the lowest one in HP is the HEMI.. the other two are well over 400HP.. ;&gt

Old 09-13-2006, 07:08 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Well since you like your power (me too ) maybe your next car should have a diesel in it that way most of your power mods actually give you better gas mileage .

Quick Reply: Mopar/Borla exhaust