2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

Heater blower motor resistor

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 11:11 PM
vega
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater blower motor resistor

I havea 1999. I've replaced 2 resistor packs in the last couple of weeks. I just replaced the blower motor and a new resistor pack and it blew after 10 minutes, again leaving me with only high speed. Any advice? By the way......the brown wire off the fan switch shows ground on ALL fan speeds, not just low. I thought this was wrong but I checked a friend's 2002 and it did the same thing. Other fan speed wires show ground in their respective positions.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: Heater blower motor resistor

unplug the resistor and the AC Control head mesure the restance on the wires in the diagram i am posting if there is no more then .05 ohms then the wires are good and u have a controla head that is nuking your resistors. This is based on the info that u have given by replacing the fan motor with a new factory one yes?

Old 05-09-2007, 01:16 AM
vega

Hi.......I didn't get the wiring diagram you mentioned.......also, I used a new aftermarket motor from Four Seasons. When you say control head, do you mean the whole unit containing the fan, cold/hot, and directional *****?

Old 05-09-2007, 04:41 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain

sorry about the pic here it is again but u may have gotten a motor that it to high of a resistance and that is nuking the resistor u have changed the motor from non factory so i cant rule out that now. Yes the whole AC control head ***** and such whole thing.

[IMG]local://upfiles/51666/F1FB274051A7481ABCB252890778BCC4.gif[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Heater blower motor resistor