2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

code p0441 and flags unsetting

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 08:40 PM
delerius
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code p0441 and flags unsetting

Hello Anybody know why a 02 intrepid 2.7l would post the 0441 error code set the evap flag to not ready and then the cat flag to not ready. now my 02s flag is not ready. I smell fuel while driving the car. I installed a brand new solenoid for the purve valve. I went back and verified the connections and the vacume lines (checked the whole line to the intake and as much as I could to the canister. (but not out of the engine bay ) the smell is strongest when the engine first starts after sitting and sometimes while driving around makes me think its a leak from the canister/solenoid. but the cat and o2 codes have me confused. a cat not ready flag without a code..... Im sorry I dont understand obd2 well enough yet . does anybody have suggestions? and on an unrealted note when I first start up the car I hear what sounds like that sound you hear when a gear is driven under torque (like its resisting turning freely) Its loudest when I turn the wheel (at a stop or moving) so Im thinking power steering pump / pulley. but Ill tackle that next. any advice would be apriciated. thankyou -mike

Quick Reply: code p0441 and flags unsetting