2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

Please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:21 PM
MPOLI91
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!!

i have a 2001 dodge intrepid with the 2.7L v6.
lately i have noticed blue smoke coming out of the exhaust, a nasty clicking noise coming from under the hood, and small oil leaks under my car.

if you know anything about this please let me know.

thanks ur help is greatly appreciated.

-Matt-

Old 09-05-2008, 12:25 AM
mlkmgr
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

blue smoke sounds like bad valve seals on the engine. common on the 2.7 and fixable, but a PITA. could be coolant leaking into the oil as well. not sure without looking into the engine a little further.

the nasty clicking sound could be multiple things. could be noisy lifters, or the timing chain ready to go. this is another common failure on the 2.7's. if the timing chain goes, you could be looking at a big repair bill. get this car looked at quick if you want it to last.

as far as the oil underneath, again, it could be a number of things. leaking oil pan gasket, leaking oil sender, leaking oil filter. you need to pinpoint what general area it is leaking from. you can park the car and place a large piece of dry cardboard under your engine area on the ground. this should help pinpoint the location for the oil leak.

is your check engine light on or oil light flickering at all? keep us posted and let us know what you find...