2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

Inside door handle removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:16 PM
VictorS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Inside door handle removal

I was removing inside door panel and broke that piece where you attached metal rod to handle. Does anyone know how to remove the handle from inside door panel? I tried removing it on junkyard and can't seem to figure it out unless I brake it.

Thank you for your help guys!

Old 09-11-2008, 11:52 PM
mlkmgr
Rookie

are you referring to the little plastic clip that attaches to the metal L shaped rod? if so, the plastic clip unsnaps/swings away from the metal rod and then lifts up off the end of the metal rod.

when you remove the door panel, you can not pull the door panel too far away from the door frame or you can break that clip easier.

if this is not what you need, can you be a little more specific?? thanks....

Last edited by mlkmgr; 09-11-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:34 AM
VictorS

Originally Posted by mlkmgr
are you referring to the little plastic clip that attaches to the metal L shaped rod? if so, the plastic clip unsnaps/swings away from the metal rod and then lifts up off the end of the metal rod.

when you remove the door panel, you can not pull the door panel too far away from the door frame or you can break that clip easier.

if this is not what you need, can you be a little more specific?? thanks....
No, the clip is fine. You know where you attach that clip to a handle (the handle that you pull from inside), there's little hole and you put that clip inside. That is what's broken. I have nowhere to attach clip on the panel now. I was fixing window regulator, and when I removed door panel I dropped it. That what caused it to brake.

Hopefully this helps you guys now.

Quick Reply: Inside door handle removal