2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

Is it dead?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 04:40 PM
sim2d2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it dead?

I have a 2001 ES with a 3.2L and auto-stick. Just changed my radiator. Was driving on highway, accelerating up to speed from the on-ramp. Car stopped accelerating, and made kind of a clicking sound with each revolution. Then the engine stop giving power. Car slowly rolled to a halt. There was steam coming out from the driver-side of the hood. I opened the hood, and saw steam coming from the area to the right of the engine, sort of from underneath the engine, about mid-way back. I opened the coolant resovior and all of a sudden all of the coolant seemed to just splash out from the bottom of the car. Waited 45 minutes till car was very cool, added water and tried to start the engine. It started to go but shut off in under a second of starting. I noticed all the new water I put in had drained out from the mystery location towards the bottom of the engine. I tried to add more water, but it just poured right out. Engine obviously wont start. It tries to, and if I press the gas, it does a little more, but will not fully start. Upper and lower radiator hoses are fine. Radiator seems to be fine. There was no unusual exhaust. Does anyone have any idea what is the matter?

Quick Reply: Is it dead?