2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

dodge intrepid

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 06:48 PM
bigfoot43
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy dodge intrepid

I have a 2002 dodge intrepid se 3.5ho. I got a p0344 code and replaced the camshaft position sensor..before that the engine was running rough had no power when i pushed on the gas..After I replaced it the car ran fine..now its running rough and it dosent want to go..I pulled the coil wire off on each cylinder when i did the left side you could tell the difference..on the right side you couldnt tell that the wires were even off..so i took off all 3 coil wires on the right side and cranked the engine it still ran even when i gave it alittle gas it was like i never took them off. now the engine is running rough i had a hard time going down the road it was like the transmission was having a hard time shifting..and if you stay on the gas it starts jerking till you let off. What should i do or check?

Old 07-19-2009, 12:00 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to DF bigfoot! I am going to move this over to the Intrepd Section for better input! Hopefully someone will be able to assist you better! Good luck

Old 07-27-2009, 03:37 AM
kurts2
Record Breaker

Why did you remove the wires?

Old 07-28-2009, 01:23 PM
bigfoot43
Thumbs down intrepid

i removed the wires so i could find out if the plugs were firing. I moved the cam sensor down alittle and the engine started running fine. Now it is back to doing what it did before. I am also getting codes for the transmission p0700 and p0871 which I know what those mean I also get a p0300 which is random misfiring. Could the idle air control valve cause that? I put the trans in rev the other day and it moved alittle and then stopped it was like i put it in nuetral. Then i put it in drive and it moved then switched back to rev and it worked. Could that p0871 cause this. If so where is it located is it inside the trans?

Quick Reply: dodge intrepid