2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

My project

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My project

I bought a 2001 Chrysler Intrepid with a 2.7 that was supposedly blown. Trailered her home and once off the trailer we decided while having our favorite AB product that we would charge the battery and see what happens. It fired right up, with a miss on the last cylinder on the passenger side. It was sucking oil somthing fierce. Then I happened upon a wrecked 2002 300m, 3.5 litre, and every other bell & whistle known to Chrysler.

I've swapped engine & transmission, drive axles, anti-lock sensors, exhaust lead pipes & convertors, removed ECM, removed TCM, and mounting bracket, installed bracket and single computer from the 300m, and the wiring harness from the dash to everything forward of the windshield.

Currently, I've gutted the entire interior down to the metal floor pans as was necessary to remove the rear wiring harness which goes clear to the rear license plate. I'm installing the dash, door panels & wiring, heated leather seats, airbag system (300m has sidebags and sensors), steering column, 17 inch 300m wheels & tires, and anti-lock system on the Intrepid (It didn't come with anti-lock), and also the infinity sound system (Intrepid didn't have that either).

Has anyone ever gone this far on a swap? Some of my friends think it'll be cool when it's done, others think I must have been eating glue & paint chips as a child! I'm having fun with the project and can't wait to get her on the street.

Essentially, I'll have a 2001 Intrepid skin with 2002 300m guts. Installing several systems that the Intrepid never came with when it was built. I always like having something no one else has. I think this creation will fit the bill when it's done.

Thanks for reading my long post,

Quick Reply: My project