2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

98 Intrepid Electircal Issue (its a GOOD ONE)

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 02:46 PM
MDThomas26
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 98 Intrepid Electircal Issue (its a GOOD ONE)

So I am simply replacing the lighter in my 98 Intrepid. Got everything all apart (very simple...not tools required). I plugged in the universal replacement lighter....plugged in my power cord to my magellan.....bright red light! Awesome!!

So then I put everything back together....plug in the same power cord....NOTHING!

Pulled everything back apart....nothing came loose the wiring is still all sound....no fuse blown....all is well. Well that is crazy! So I pop the cigarette lighter into it....BRIGHT red and HOT! So then I go test my magellan power cord in my RAM 1500.....NOTHING. So then I put my Cell Charger in the power outlet for in my RAM 1500 and I have a BRIGHT red light. Go put that in the intrepid....NOTHING. Go back and put it in my RAM 1500 and NOTHING.

How can I be lighting the cigarett lighter up (so I know I have power) and not only NOT have power to my gagets but in the process appear to be KILLING my power cords to my gagets!

I also verified that the power outlets in the RAM are still good!

Any Help Would be AWESOME!!

Old 09-08-2011, 10:30 PM
misfitdakota_95
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think it's an outlet problem, it might be a power cord problem. Inside your power outlet, there's a fuse, check that make sure it's not blown.

Quick Reply: 98 Intrepid Electircal Issue (its a GOOD ONE)